Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Mission Nearly Impossible




After operation muffin drop yesterday, I was sent on a mission to the dreaded "Tower" to start the process of David renewing his residence permit. Salam Tower houses CPChem's administrative offices, but it's not the offices that are dreaded. It's the parking, or non parking, I should say. Add on top of that a heap of construction and it's just about impossible without the buddy system rule in play. That would be have a friend drop you, they circle the corniche for however long your business takes and then they pick you up. Well, stubborn,dumb me, tried to go it alone...for the second time. As I approached the Tower, I saw what little congested parking they had was totally blocked off by a huge crane. A crane in Doha? I was determined that I would not let this defeat me because my last trip to the office resulted in failure and my usually passive hubby wasn't so happy. So, if I had to walk a mile down the corniche, so be it. Unbelievably, all parking up and down the corniche was roped off due to the Arab League Summit being held in Doha this week. It wouldn't be a mile that I had to walk. We're talking miles now and it wasn't gonna happen. Plan B: Head to Landmark Mall and relieve my stress with a new shirt. Oh, the Tower business? Well David was off this morning due to a meeting this afternoon and we tried out the buddy system. Duh. Mission accomplished.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...