Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Indulge Us

Objective: Total Indulgence

We arrived promptly at 10:00a.m. for our spa day at the Hong Kong Beauty Center, whom by the way worked very hard to make three American girls the same. Their job was cutout for me, not so much for my two youngest beauties. The job at hand was to strip me of my skin to reveal a brand new layer of epidermis. I'd be lying if I didn't disclose that it felt like they used my dad's electric sander to do the job. It was definitely on the verge of painful, but worth it all when the attendant slathered me with oils and skillfully massaged them in. Warning, this procedure is not for the modest. I could do a whole post on the procedure, but it would have to contain a graphic warning content so I'll just leave it at that. The girls each had an hour and a half massage, followed by pedicures and the ancient technique of brow threading, which they talked me into, as well. Then it was off to The Ritz for high tea. There's nothing like exotic teas, scones, petit fours and cute fake sandwiches to make a girl feel special. A few pics out on the beautiful grounds of the hotel and we were set. Well, almost, that is. The Pièce de résistance was our Rafael Nadal sighting, yes the tennis god, in the lobby of the Ritz. My only regret was that I was not the usual rude obnoxious fan by asking him to pose with my girls. I totally would have, but he was on his cell. His loss.



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. You girls sure are beautiful! (That includes you, Syb.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your blog and have been reading it for a long time. Ever since I "googled" restaurant "29" We loved the restaurant and I laugh at almost every post. You're too funny and I can definitely relate to all your Doha humor. Also very impressed with your camera skills...you always have it and take such gutsy pics :) I love it!

    I was wondering where Hong Kong Beauty Center is in Doha? Did you enjoy it? How does it compare to other spas here? I've been wanting to try a place like that. If you have a little time I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for all your great Doha recommendations! Take care!

    -wendi
    wendi_junod@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wendi (& you, too, Fran!)! It's nice to know that I hit "the mark" with someone. I was already thinking about expanding on our Hong Kong visit, including the price menu and what not. Stay tuned...coming to a blog near you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...