Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cherry Schmerry

David and I decided to try something different for breakfast this morning, so we opted for the Cherry Berry at Ezdan's Tower 4. It was recommended by a friend that lives in the building telling me that it was ten times better than American Grill. Breakfast, my favorite meal, I was salivating just thinking about it. That was short lived. Jen, I love you, but I want a do over. What the restaurant lacked in charm, service, and quality it made up for in price. When we pop in at American Grill, we are greeted by multiple members of the waitstaff that seem earnestly happy that we've decided to grace them with our presence. Not so at CB. The staff at AG interacts with its customers, while the staff at CB interacted with each other. If you want spiral pasta with tomato sauce, then CB is the place for you. If you want a fresh omelet prepared before your eyes that IS included in the price of the buffet, visit AG. That would be an extra charge at CB, so stick with the watery scrambled eggs on their buffet. I could go on and on and not even mention the dropped silverware that the staff put back into the serving tray. Have I mentioned zero atmosphere? CB did have some nice pastries, but the rest was as they say on twitter, a total #fail. I really hate trash talking restaurants in Doha, but this one, pardon my french, sucked.

Impression: Lousy
Price: 60QR or $16.50 (breakfast buffet)

For Comparison:
American Grill buffet breakfast is 35QR or $9.60


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...