Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Just a blip on the radar

Okay, so maybe we're not on our way to discover the land of Qatar. What can I say. So here's the latest non news that there is. I finally got thru to the passport hotline last night after 10:00pm. I was so excited to hear that my hold time was only 5 minutes (they usually disconnect you & do not allow you to hold). A lovely lady answers the phone after around 6 minutes...only to deliver the blow. She shows that Kristi & I have applied, but does not see that the process has begun. Oh my gosh! Needless to say, I fell apart on the dear lady and she had to hear my sad story, as I'm sure she has already heard many others. But she listened & empathized. She sent an urgent message to the Houston Regional office to get our passports out ASAP by Fedex. I think somehow she was trying to humor me, because by the end of the conversation she wasn't even sure if they looked at their email. She did offer to make me an appointment in New Orleans to go thru the process (as the Houston office is completely inundated). I was too upset at the time to process the info given to me and hung up the phone. I immediately fell apart, then pulled myself together & called David 8000 miles away to see if he could solve my problem. He did just that. He listened & I got over it. Just another blip on the radar that somehow, someday will be so unimportant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...