Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kayla's here!

I was going to give y'all a break today on the blog, but I'm feeling under pressure due to a few comments & emails. I love doing this, but I don't want to start boring y'all with what you might soon find to be mundane day to day living. Kristi & I made a repeat mall run to City Centre. We found Kristi some really cool frames at Qatar Optics. I had her prescription from Texas State Optical & they were happy to oblige us. They weren't Walmart prices, but they were affordable. We also found an awesome homestore that had great prices and everything under the sun from dishes to towels (not for your head! inside joke), to living & bedroom furniture. Definitely a do over. The mall also had a huge grocery store with reasonable prices, although Kristi is scarred for life (her words) after seeing the sides of lamb hanging in the glassed in showcase. We got our grocery shopping done while we waited for David to pick us up. Kristi & I did take notes this time while the taxi was taking us to the mall, so that maybe one day we will be brave enough to face the crazy drivers here. We had to make a mad dash home to drop off groceries, so that we could go get Kayla at the airport. Quick stop at Hardee's for our fast food fix & off to the airport. The pic is Kayla & her "meet & greet" agent that greeted her upon arrival at the plane. She held up a sign that said "Kayla Knox". Isn't she special.Kayla didn't fare as well as Kristi & myself on the jet lag situation. She got up around 5:00 this evening. A funny thing happened on our way to McDonald's tonight. Yes, yet another American fast food place. We can't pass them up! We're traveling down the road & David notes that there has been an accident up the road. Apparently, the man up ahead in the right lane noted it to. Well he's not going to get caught up in this mess. He puts his little truck in reverse & proceeds to backup down the access road while a car is coming up the access road. The car is laying on his horn, but little truck plays chicken & doesn't slow down. Yes, you guessed it. Kayla noted that there is just a little bit too much male testosterone going on in this town. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...