Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Corniche Walking




While we were walking on the corniche early yesterday afternoon, I thought we were going to get that Blue Norther that I discussed a few days ago. The clear blue skies were getting bluer and bluer as our walk progressed. Before it was over lightning was striking and a few big drops came our way. Unfortunately, it moved out over the bay, so the real rain didn't reach us. I had seen an article in the paper a couple of ago where the Emir had an official prayer day for rain. I was sure his and others' prayers would be answered, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The threatening weather definitely injected a little excitement into the air. As for myself, you would have thought I'd never seen a squall come up. In the end our modified picnic lunch won out over the weather. We enjoyed it in the grass under the dusty palms that are waiting for that real rain to turn them green, again. It will come, eventually.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then enter text in box.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the rain and hail video but where in the heck was all the traffic? Must have been Friday morning.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...