Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

From Texas to Tennessee to New York

After being so blessed to be able to travel to quite a few destinations in a short amount of time, who would have ever thought that I would be most excited about visiting a state in my own home country. Move over Texas, I am so pumped about traveling to New York with my two most favorite girlfriends in the whole wide world. I've got our plane tickets, our hotel room and I just hit the confirm button for Lion King tickets on Broadway. Oh my gosh, I am stoked right now. I've been emailing back and forth with my nephew, Kevin, that lives in New York, not even realizing that he lives in Manhattan just a subway ride from our hotel. I am pleased that he will be joining Kayla, Kristi and me for our first Broadway experience. Don't fret Texas (and Tennessee!), I'm looking forward to catching up with family, friends and some old favorite restaurants, as well. Just a tad over a month and we'll be there. Do the Tom Bodett thing of Motel 6 fame for us and "leave the light on", please.


Note to brother Michael: Tom is on Twitter...I remember that you loved old Tommy boy.

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get Lion King tix -- you won't be disappointed. I'm sure you're in good hands with your nephew, but if you need any suggestions or have any NY questions, don't hesitate to ask.

    And yes, I really am moving to Doha (just saw your reply to my comment from a couple months back!) in September and I just love your blog for its insights. Thanks for running it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...