Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Diabetes and Husbands

Al Jazeera put out an interesting video regarding the eating habits of those in Qatar. They even cited "cholesterol corner" in their reporting, which I thought was just a pet name by friends, but apparently it's the official unofficial name of the intersection of Salwa and C-Ring in Doha where there is a plethora of fast food chains and restaurants to choose from. What I found most intriguing in the report (beside the fact that one in four Qataris is diabetic!) is that the diner's unhealthy eating habits isn't being blamed on the restaurants, but is actually being put where it belongs. The consumer. I get a little giddy when people actually accept self responsibility. What a novel concept.



On a lighter note...

A friend posted this next video on Facebook this week and even though I remember seeing it in the past, it still made me laugh out loud. I dedicate this to all those good humored husbands out there that let us women think that we wear the pants.




thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...