Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, April 15, 2011

April Showers



The word on the street these days
...


rain

Looking out my front door

It appears that April showers doesn't only apply to my previous little corner of the world in Southeast Texas. It's certainly ringing true in my home away from home of Qatar. Today marks the fourth day in a row of the wet stuff. Now, keep in mind that although the minuscule amounts that we are receiving in no way compares to Texas, it does create quite a stir. Middle East journalist, Omar Chatriwala, sheds some light on local reactions in Global Voices this week. This was written on just the second day of rains. Imagination what thoughts Day 4 is bringing.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...