Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Don't Leave Home Without It


I did a "no no" today. I broke the cardinal rule of not leaving the house without my camera. We had just driven off from the in-laws house when I spoke up and announced that I had forgotten my purse. David graciously volunteered to turn the car around so that I could retrieve it, but I decided that I wouldn't need it. He said, "but that means you don't have your camera" to which I replied, "no biggie, it's not like we are going to have a camel siting". About ten minutes into our drive, I kid you not, David proclaims that there are some camels up on the hill. I'm thinking, cute, Dave. I swear to you, there were three camels enclosed in a fenced in area at someone's home. I wanted to pull my hair out for not heeding Karl Malden's* words of wisdom that he pounded into my head for years. An only in Doha moment observed in Mount Pleasant, Tennessee with no camera in sight. Who would have thunk it?

*spokesman for American Express whose slogan was "Don't leave home without it".

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. hi ! this is yam from doha qatar (bennigan's)i view your blog.im very happy to see your feamily.i was on vecation for 2 months. i meet laxman too. this is my e-mail ID yam_shanti@yahoo.com thanx ...bye see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yam! No doubt, David will be back at Bennigans soon. I'm coming back at the end of December with my daughters. We will definitely be dropping in to see you :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...