Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Score Ten for Germany

Thirty six hours post holiday and I can honestly say I'm happy to be back in Doha, not for a lack of a royal time, but for the perfect climate that November brings to the desert. The brrrr factor came into effect the last night in Germany, so we stuck close to our castle room. That would be "inside" close. We didn't even leave for dinner. I sliced up the complimentary apples in the room, scraped up a snack pack of peanuts from our carry on, scooped up the chocolates left on our pillows and voila, din din. Did I mention that The Bellamy Brothers were playing on the radio? Could it get any cozier? No polka bands within earshot. It was a great, relaxing getaway. Germany and Austria, as it is, have colorful landscapes, but what an unexpected bonus we received for going in the fall. The bursts of reds, yellows and oranges in the foliage were amazing. Germany was already ranked at the top of our list of vacations and this trip certainly didn't lower the score. Put it on your bucket list. You won't be sorry.
Castle Hotel Auf Schoenburg
in Oberwesel on The Rhine River








View from the castle grounds

Next stop: TEXAS for me~this Friday, November 18th, while David leaves the same day for The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...