Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's a Ho Hum Day Minus the Hair



Ok, guys. I had a very unexciting day because I spent 2/3 of it putting this slide show together. So in other words, I don't have anything to talk about. Well, unless you count Sykes jumping from the top of the refrigerator onto the fire extinguisher that's bracketed to the wall....balancing his back paws on the extinguisher and his front ones on the door bell receiver that's also attached to the wall. From there he jumped up onto the door and was balancing on that until it started closing on him (spring loaded). It was pretty much a comedy of errors that I enjoyed witnessing. I guess I'm going to have to strap my camera on my head like a miner's light. I can only imagine how much of his antics that I miss. The pictures posted are a reenactment with the help of David and some people food to bribe Sykes to take his original path. Let's see, what else don't I have to talk about. I went to get the truck serviced, which was 5000 kilometers passed due. You do the math, I have no clue. It was the first scheduled maintenance where they change the oil and check it out from trunk to hood. They told me and Kristi that it would take about an hour to service it, so we walked across the street to Landmark Mall to get her some new contacts. Boy, was that easy. She's been without for about a month. We presented a U.S. prescription from last April to the gentleman and he told me that it would take a month to get a toric lens for her right eye that has an astigmatism, but if Kristi wanted contacts right then, he'd adjust the prescription. She did, so he did and we walked out with a box of three pair of contacts and didn't even have to give our name. No computer trail or anything. Now, that's true progress. We shopped, bought Kristi a new outfit, had us some Starbucks and just enjoyed the leisure time. A couple of hours passed, so we walked back over to pick up the truck. I asked the service manager how much did I owe him and he waved his hand in the air....not to worry. I had already checked the price list on the wall and it was supposed to be 400 or so riyals ($110). I was always taught to not look a gift camel, er... I mean horse in the mouth, so I didn't and we walked out. What does that mean, anyway? Hmm, I'll get back with you on that. We topped our outing off with a little "Hot Chicken" take away which David was patiently waiting for at home. You know, he really enjoys a hot home cooked meal when he gets home from a long day of work, and I aim to please. One last newsflash. David got a haircut! The first haircut he's had in this country. People, he's been here eleven months! He did get it trimmed when we were in Abu Dhabi in November. My gosh, he was looking a bit like Grizzly Adams. Actually though, I didn't mind it. The girls were the ones constantly fussing about it. Anyway, he's clean cut now, if you don't count the facial hair. Wow, I've talked so long that I don't need the slide show as a "filler" I will now remove it and save it for another day. Oh, I'm such a tease and you were all just salivating to see it...yeah, right.

Did you know the answer to todays quiz? Here's your answer!!

2 comments:

  1. Love David's new do! "Shopping" seems to be a major pasttime; what a great country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time. He was really looking ragged. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...