Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hippopotamus Steak House

Everyday I am that "one day closer" to the real Tex Mex, but in the meantime, I made a stop at the newly opened Hippopotamus Steak House (no, not Tex Mex). I had to scope out the place sans David for fear that they wouldn't have iced tea, you know, one of those "God forbid" things. My fears were confirmed, but my lunch date and I somehow survived the husband's worst nightmare. It's located in the front of City Center Mall on street level, I think. I get a little confused in the buildings in Doha as to what floor I'm actually on. So sue me for being level-challenged. Anyway, I loved the open air atmosphere with waterfalls on one side and the outdoor water fountains to view through the glass on the other side. It was absolutely peaceful and inviting. I ordered a tandoori chicken salad that was very enjoyable. Truth be told, my partner and I talked so much that I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the food. We stretched our lunch out to a full three hours, before we moseyed on our way. It was definitely my kind of place, as I love great ambiance at a fair price that's conducive to chatter. The servers were ultra attentive to boot. It's absolutely a place that I'll revisit with my girlfriends, leaving my southern iced tea addicted husband at the pink villa, of course!

Price:

Our 88QR or $24.18 tab included...


tandoori grilled chicken salad (small)
whatever kind of salad Jennifer got (sorry!)
basket of bread
one creme brulee (very yummy!)
1 large water


Larry Gatlin ~ Houston (Means I'm One Day Closer to You)


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...