Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Birthright

I snapped this picture while David and I were sipping a latte at Starbucks in City Center on Saturday afternoon. (It's our favorite location to people watch, besides Columbiano Coffee outside of Carrefour at Landmark Mall.) Right in front of me these five gentleman took a pause to watch the ice skaters below. There was something about the moment that grabbed me, so I in turn grabbed my camera and clicked just seconds before they paraded away. With tongue in cheek I tweeted this morning for help in captioning this photo. All I could come up with was "Qatari in Training". It seemed too blasé and I knew there was something missing. Well, leave it to, oh so witty, aka @weirdweb to get at the very essence of the photo. Now, you may have to live in Qatar or at least the GCC area to understand it, but for those that do his caption packs a powerful punch.

Without any further adieu, the winning caption is:

"Son, you'll never be mistaken for a bachelor."

'nuff said.

In an attempt to explain the meaning of the term "bachelor" in Qatar and surrounding areas, I give you this article I found entitled "Bachelor City" from The Muslim Observer.

Perhaps a simpler definition: laborer
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...