Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's All Relative

In all fairness to the great state of Qatar, there may be a need to follow up on my last post. It seems I did my fair share of whining about the sauna I arrived to on Saturday night. It was expected, nothing out of the ordinary for mid July in Doha. Since that night, however, the humidity has dropped and the weather has been rather pleasant (by Doha summer standards, that is). For instance, today's 112F temp only feels like 108F when you factor in the relative humidity. Check it out here on this handy dandy heat index calculator. Pretty impressive, huh. Our counterparts in Texas are probably suffering from the heat more than we are...albeit temporarily. Without a doubt, the unbearable humidity will soon roar its ugly head in full force and stick around for longer than welcome.




To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...