Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Qatar Pulls the Plug on Tumblr?




Wasssssssup, Qatar?


Not sure about the answer to that, but I'll tell you what's down...tumblr. Wait, let me rephrase that, it's BLOCKED. America, click away, it will be there for you. Just not for us in Qatar. For some strange reason, the powers that be has disconnected our little corner of the world from that social platform. I mean, I did post a pic of Snoop Dogg in a thobe in Abu Dhabi last week, but surely that's not haraam. Random pics of Katara, Doha's famous Cheer leading man parading around town, a few human interest stories on Qatar's labor force...I mean, is this culturally demoralizing Qatar's society? I think not, but someone here is not happy with tumblr. Heaven forbid they get ticked off at twitter, facebook, or heavens to Betsy, Blogger (my blog platform)! I'll be up that proverbial creek sans a paddle. Horrors, I might have to get a real job if that happens.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it's working on my PC here in Doha. I find whenever I get the blocked graphic for a a site that shouldn't be blocked, if I refresh a few times I can usually get through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, it was unblocked late this afternoon. Apparently, Qtel really did block it for reason unknown. It was the talk of Doha on twitter all day! I'll try that refresher trick for the dreaded "oops" graphic when I run across it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...