Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DFI Scores with Scorsese

Doha Film Institute announced last week that the upcoming Arabian epic adventure, "Black Gold", starring Antonio Banderas will make its world premier in Qatar during the 2011 Doha Tribeca Film Festival scheduled for October. The filming of Antonio and crew in the land of sand a few months back will be featuring the beautiful deserts and dunes of Mesaieed. Impressive for a little peninsula in the middle of nowhere that no one can pronounce, much less spell, no? Crossing my fingers that I can get my grubby little fingers on some nice tickets for that spectacular event.

Now, if that's not enough excitement for Qatar, famed film maker and director, Martin Scorsese, has sent his personal congratulatory message to Doha Film Institute, along with some good advice on the occasion of their first anniversary.


Lookout, Doha Film Institute is officially on the map. I look forward to this year's festival kickoff on October 25th at Doha's beautiful Katara Cultural Village, the perfect venue for the event. Katara's electric atmosphere with the excitement of the film festival is nothing short of magical. See you there!

Kristi at last year's festival

Related post: DTFF Up and Running (October, 2010)


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Are you telling me Antonio was in town and I missed it? Ah, the curse of being tied up with high school homework. I am sorry not to be able to stay in Doha long enough to be living the empty nest life here!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...