Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Heat is On

Yesterday's high of 111° marked the official first day of summer in Qatar, according to my standards, anyway. It was hot enough to break out the car bake cookie recipe, but my Jeep oven isn't near as big as the Tahoe one, and David had it at work. Besides, cookies traveling from my lips to my hips seven days before Bali is a no no. Another sure sign that I know it's the kickoff of the hotter than hell season is that the upstairs AC went out. The timing around here is impeccable, to say the least. Thankfully our AC experts, cough cough, showed up and remedied the situation. Bad news is that whoever happens to be out of the country at the moment was probably relieved of the AC spare part that fixed ours. That's how our villas roll. Thankfully, at any given time we do have an empty villa that is deemed the sacrificial lamb. Thanks Chris and Lora~Hope you're enjoying Croatia! So, with the coming of summer, the mass exodus will soon begin. Nearly everyone that can leave the country, will, moi included. Off the top of my head, the only good thing I can come up with about a summer in Doha is that the traffic will become bearable. Surely there are others, but for the life of me I just don't know what they are. Like it or not, we're looking at a good four months of blistering heat. Keep your cool, people. You'll need it.


The Heat is On ~ Glenn Frey

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...