Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's been nearly a week since I've checked in with you guys. I have to dig deep into my memory bank to come up with what we've been doing. I can tell you for sure, it ain't the wash. I keep staring at the clothes through the front loading glass door and it's the same clothes that I washed a week ago Sunday. I should get with the program, but better yet...I'd rather talk to you guys. Let's see, I've learned to make Thai Pad Noodles from one of the girls in our group. Natthawan is her name. She's the funniest thing ever. I would so love to pack her in my suitcase for you all to meet. She's a hyper, tiny little Thai girl with a major Thai accent. I often have to tell her to slow down & speak English. She just goes 90 to nothing. As I said, I learned to make the noodles, but haven't put it to the test. It's so much easier to pick up the phone and have it delivered. Probably cheaper too, by the time I gather all the ingredients. I've been eating food over here that I would have never eaten at home. Natthawan made some type of bean noodles with sausage...that would be turkey sausage, which by the way I need to locate for my next gumbo. Anyway, it was the most disgusting looking dish...very sauerkraut looking. Natthawan was standing there so I had to taste it. It turns out that it was really good with a nice spicy kick. Oh, I do have a newsflash. Our sea shipment that was shipped from the USA on August 25th finally arrived at my front door yesterday, December 8th. All of our winter clothes were on that ship, and I was really afraid they weren't going to get here before we left for home. Texas, not to mention Tennessee was going to be quite chilly without them. Everything in our shipment was intact. In the way of furniture, I only had our sectional shipped. David very patiently arranged it EVERY possible way in our den, before we came up with a setting that we could live with. It was perfect in my den back home, but not so perfect here. Nonetheless, I'm so happy to curl up on my own sofa with my newspaper and cup of coffee with Fox News blaring in the background. Heaven. One last note. My brother in law, Larry (Regina's husband) is in Methodist Hospital with bacterial meningitis. He became very sick on Thanksgiving eve, but thought it was his ongoing neck problem. He's pretty much been in the hospital since then on antibiotics holding an even pattern. Not better, but not worse. If you think about it tonight while you're talking to God, mention Larry. Thanks guys, y'all are terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...