Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guess Who's Coming to Doha?


...Other than Miss Kristi who will arrive next week!

Pretty much the entire cast of Black Gold, that's who.


Doha Film Institute has been rolling out hints on twitter and facebook of who is going to grace our fair desert for the much anticipated Doha Tribecca Film Festival coming up. As of right now, it looks as though this billboard will come alive in the next two weeks, not only on the big screen but in the flesh. Nothing like dangling a little Antonio Banderas in front of me to get my hiney off the couch and head to City Center Mall this afternoon to get in line for tickets to the world premier of Black Gold (partly filmed in Qatar). Whoa, "hello line". I had great intentions but came up a bit when I saw that it might take awhile. If I had known without a doubt that if I stood in that long line and walked out with tickets in hand I wouldn't have hesitated. No disrespect to DTFF, but let's face it friends, we are in Doha and a gut feeling came over me that the tickets to the premier would be set aside for "special" people and the last time I checked, my "wasta" card had expired. I chit chatted with a friend that I saw in line and made my final decision to exit the building. I'll take my chances for tickets from the comfort of my laptop in my pink villa, if they ever get their online sales in order. Good luck to those who are waiting it out. That's a wrap.

Follow up:

All good things come to those who wait...

Oh, ME, who has little faith :(
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sybil,
    I came across your blog when searching for women's blogs about Qatar, and I've very much enjoyed reading it. I am considering taking a job in Qatar and was wondering if I could email you to ask you some questions about the experience? Particularly the driving?? I'm a fellow Texan, currently residing in Austin, the crown jewel of Texas, IMHO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tracy! Of course you may email me, fellow Texan. We're practically neighbors. Our Texas home is in Kyle, just a few minutes South of Austin. Email me at sknox40@aol.com. I would LOVE to answer your questions. Ask away!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...