Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Heat Relief

The Pearl Marina ~ Qatar

David and I took advantage of today's fair weather and spent the evening soaking up some fresh air and scenery at The Pearl. Yes, fall is in the air. It's hard to imagine when the temps are still in the 90's, but being my fifth October in Doha I've come to appreciate those digits. It's not really a magic temperature, it's the falling humidity that accompanies it that makes those here know that the season is upon us. Before you know it our local newspapers will be calling for all to "get out the woolies!". Yes, it would seem a bit premature for most of us, but there are those that take it and run. The first morning that the 70's mark is broken, you can bet that people will be running to Carrefour, snatching up every space heater in sight. God bless them. Bring it on mother nature. Hit me with your best shot.


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...