Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Fought the Wall
And The Wall Won

A wise man once said, "when driving in Doha, it's not if you get in an accident, it is when you get in an accident". I just never knew it was going to be with a non moving object. I'm always so careful in tight situations...always paranoid that I'm going to hit something, even though I'm feet away. I must have been in lala land yesterday when pulling into a parking space at Landmark. Maybe I was just so excited about my impending pedicure. Who knows. Anyway, I didn't feel it, but I heard it. I was in such denial getting out of the truck thinking, maybe not. Oh, but when I saw it, my tune changed to definitely so. I rubbed a bit of the purple paint away and thought maybe after I get home it will just rub off. Yeah, the purple mostly rubbed off, but so did the white. Ouch, it's not looking pretty. I think I'll just let this one slide and see if David notices it. I don't see how he won't as he has to walk around it to get to his side. If by some wild chance he doesn't see it, no doubt, Sakeel, our car washer will bring it to "sir's" attention when he arrives on Thursday. David will understand, Inshaalla.



I Fought the Law ~ Bobby Fuller



To read comments, please click on the comments box below. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...