Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A New Cush for the Tush


David and I paid a visit to bicycle row near TV roundabout the other evening. I've been telling him about the plight of Joe-L, our compound carpenter. The bicycle seat that he has to rest his tush on is in a tattered state. Poor Joe-L doesn't have enough fat on his body to absorb the jolting of going over the speed bumps in the neighborhood and I always feel badly when I see him. So, I told David that I was going to tell Joe-L that my husband wants to buy him a new seat. I didn't want to take any chances on being misunderstood. Who knows, in his culture me buying him a new seat could mean something completely different. Remember Yassir? So anyway, we have seat in hand and are just waiting for Joe-L to mosey on over to our neck of the woods to present it to him. And, yes, that is a typical Doha bike shop. Unbelievably, they seem to know the order of their madness.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...