Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, May 1, 2009

What's in a Finger?

Sorry guys...another slow news day

As I was perusing the Qatar Tribune this morning, a picture caught my eye. I was wondering what was enraging these people so much as to be flipping the bird front and center for all to see. It turns out they weren't incensed about anything, just happy and proud. These Bollywood stars (India's equivalent to Hollywood) were just showing off their inked fingers to indicate that they had "exercised their democratic right" to vote. Apparently in India, it's not offensive to be waving the middle finger around like it is in the U.S., so consider that before overreacting next time you get flipped off :)


Side Note:

We have a new slide in the pool area that's calling my name. The problem is that they don't have the water hooked up to it and I don't want to hear (or feel) my thighs screaming all the way down. I've reported the problem to the front desk, but won't hold my breath. So, the next pic you'll see of that slide is me flying down it. Ok, so I won't be as cute as this unknown little girl, but I'll be having as much fun. Wheeeeee! In the mean time I'll just play it safe on the chaise lounge with my iPod.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...