Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Health Break

We made it to our birth to adulthood home town of Port Arthur, TX yesterday afternoon. There was a nice summer afternoon thunderstorm with showers to welcome us. Have I mentioned lately how nice it is to be in Texas? Rain is just one of the perks. We spent yesterday afternoon, this morning, and this afternoon to get in all our medical attention. There's just something about getting your health care in the U.S. that's so much more reassuring than in a foreign country. Well, for now, anyway. Oops, did I say that out loud? David had a suspicious spot on his lip that his sister, Sherry, kindly pointed out to him while we were visiting in Tennessee. Being that she and their mom have been diagnosed with melanoma, she highly suggested that he have it looked at. I must have been out to lunch on this one, because I'm such a mole freak always making David model for me so that I can check his body out for any "unusual" sightings. We were lucky enough to get into a local plastic surgeon to look at it yesterday. That's David in the consultation room above right. We sort of felt like we were back in Doha when we walked into it...not your typical treatment room. Lucky for us, there was a cancellation today and they squeezed David in to have it removed. The doctor seems to think that it's going to pass with flying colors by the pathologist, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. I'd give you an "after picture", but I don't think he feels like smiling for me. I bet you guys are so relieved that it wasn't a visit it to the proctologist that I chronicled. :D Cheers!

Are you at risk? Click here for more information on melanoma. If you have any signs, don't delay in checking it out!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...