Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DTFF Up and Running


Finally, the much talked about Doha Tribecca Film Festival arrived in Doha yesterday. With Kristi in tow, I figured it was time to check out what all the hype was about regarding it and Doha's new cultural center, Katara. To sum it up, down right impressive is what I found. I'm just sorry I didn't jump on the DTFF bus sooner and snatch up tickets to the workshops and screenings coming up in the next few days, if for no other reason than to maybe catch a glimpse of the celebrities that they bring to town, such as Robert De Niro, Salma Hayek, Kevin Spacey, among a few surprises thrown in. The one major drawback for the festival for me is that it runs neck and neck with Doha's Sony Ericsson Women's Tennis Tournament, but fortunately that didn't stop us from catching the screening of the film "Outside the Law", last night. My first French film...I'm so "cultured" now. The amphitheater, open air theater and the grounds that Katara offers are absolutely stunning. Hats off to Qatar and The Doha Tribecca Film Festival for staging such a wonderful event. Looking forward to more to come.


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...