Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Peek of London

I think I left off at us going to see the musical "Chicago". Omg...definitely a two thumbs up experience. I've always said that I didn't like musicals. Wrong. I absolutely loved it. It was awesomely entertaining. Kelly Osborne was in it...Ozzie's daughter for you oldies. She is definitely not a stage actress, but her singing was wonderful. The main characters were great and kept me at attention the whole time. I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to be able to take in a show. Sunday morning we had to make a difficult choice...Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace or Mass at Westminster Cathedral. The Guards won out I'm ashamed to say, so we were off to the palace. Too many people, too long and just not enough to keep me entertained. After all, I did see "Chicago" the night before. The bottom line is, I guess, that you can't go to London without having the guard changing on your agenda. Now we can say that we've done it, never having to be done again. After that we headed towards Tower bridge. On the way we saw St Paul's Cathedral where Diana and Charles were married. It's beautiful and massive. We didn't get to stop, but it's on our to do list for next time (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). The pic on the right is for Kellie...anything catch your eye, Kel?? David and I took this pic just for you. Anyway, forging onward to Tower Bridge. Wow, that's about all I can say. Everything here is just like the pictures, only more impressive in person. You just can't capture the feelings of the things you see here on paper. It's just unbelievable. It's a wonderful city with something on every corner that has history. One of the newer things, though, is the London Eye that I opted out on (being the chicken that I am). I have never been one for heights and rather preferred to keep my rather expensive English lunch down. David and Kristi told me afterwards that I could have handled the situation, so that adds yet another thing on my to do list for next time. I guess we'll just have to bite the bullet and go again, one day. Okay, I've been droning on about this trip, and I think you all have gotten it all figured out...it was wonderful. Thanks for letting me share!!

1 comment:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...