Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Arabic 101

It was an act of congress...maybe I need to reword that, an act of the ruling emir to get into my blog account today. The entire page was in Arabic. I must admit that I haven't taken to the language as of yet. Not one word was in English as I was trying to figure out how to log in. To make things even more difficult, in the Arab world everything is written from right to left. After much ado and a shower in between to rest my brain, I finally broke the code. After getting to the website (which was surprisingly in English), it was the headlines that they had now proudly introduced Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian to their site. Thanks for the newsflash, Tom Brokaw. The bottom line is that I didn't have anything to blog about, but since I had so much trouble getting here I figured I better write a few words. On that note, I'm leaving you with the picture of the day which would also be in Arabic....hmm, or is that English. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...