Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yaba Daba Doooo!

I can't keep the theme song from the Flintstones from popping into my head every time I pass this street sign next to our villas. With a little dyslexia, I can actually hear Fred belting out his famous "Yaba daba dooooo!". Streets signs are a fairly new phenomenon in Doha. Once upon a time, there was only a sprinkling of them, but they are popping up all over town. People usually give directions around here according to landmarks, such as Decoration Roundabout, Cholesterol Corner, The Clam, Immigration Roundabout, etc. No one would know what you were talking about if you actually interjected a street name into the conversation. My personal favorite given direction is..."turn by the mosque". Yeah, right. Good luck with that one.



Here's a bonus clip that is a real blast from the past. After I typed yaba daba do, a very old commercial came to my mind. Remember Brylcreem's slogan, "A little dab'l do ya."?




Theme from The Flintstones

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...