Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girls Gone Wild~Doha Style


I had to delay this post for a day so that no one could associate it
with
April Fools Day,though it seems there were
some fools involved.


Case in point...

I tossed and turned last night coming in and out of dreamland. Visions of bikini clad sugar plums incessantly danced in my head. Next it was an episode of "Lost" with three girls finding themselves off the island~"teleported" to a tiny peninsula in the Middle East. That quickly turned to "Girls Gone Wild~Doha Style". Wait a minute, I wasn't dreaming. I was just rehashing the earlier events of my day.

It all started with a ride down the corniche on a beautiful Friday afternoon when I spotted something on the side of the corniche behind the post office. I rubbed my eyes (not really) and looked again. There were three young ladies laid out on the corniche sunbathing in bikinis! My eyes got huge (really) and I was repeating, "OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG...David, turn around at the roundabout. I've GOT to get pictures of that!" My navigator did so and unashamedly, I rolled down my window as he slowed down for me to assume my paparazzi roll. I figured if they had the nerve to strut their stuff on the conservative streets of Doha, then they wanted attention. Who was I to deprive them?


There was an Al Faaza (police) car parked on the road, but he was speaking to an Arab gentleman. Maybe the man called the police on them? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were arrested. I hear about people getting "ticketed" for wearing spaghetti strapped tops at the malls and this was a bit removed from that, literally.

Let me be blunt here. This ain't Rio. These chicks must be smokin' crack and living in LaLa land. I can see it now, coming soon to the Court Roundup section of the Gulf Times: Three crazy white girls sentenced to one year jail term with subsequent deportation for "Un-Islamic Dress" and Stupidisness. Good riddance.


Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini~ Connie Francis

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. love the audio!
    They wanted to say April Fools day to the law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hani! I can only imagine how many phone calls the police got. Crazy, even by Doha standards ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. getting a ticket mybe
    but they would never get a jail sentence

    ReplyDelete
  4. No jail sentence is good. I do hope they got a stern warning, though, if for no other reason than for being clueless in culture awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind bikinis on the beach. I actually love them :p

    but this is not a beach, it's inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG mad girls I wish to knw what happend to them

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...