Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Knox, Party of Ten


Dustin and I ran the roads for a total of sixty minutes yesterday before he informed me of how much he loved to shop...muttered with a facetious tone, of course. We were at Landmark Mall which he placed on the same scale as Central Mall in Port Arthur. I hadn't realized he hadn't been to our "small mall". He was my morale booster as I tried to make plans for Kristi's gala Friday night. I decided I really didn't want my friend Lora to worry about catering, so I sat down with the manager at TGI Friday's and discussed what they could do for me. He suggested a nice pasta dish and salad that sounded like something that everyone could live with. He then informed me that he could even send someone to serve the food, but I decided that was the least I could do. After that we ran by the hair salon, aka hair saloon, in this country to block some time for Kristi and her girlfriends to get their "up dos". Dustin was at the end of his short rope by then, so to reward him for all of his "that sounds wonderful, Mom" remarks he provided for me during the planning, we stopped in at O'Pera for lunch. You know, Dustin can't settle for a standard juice on the menu (even though they have at least fifteen listed) so he ordered him a mix of carrot, avocado, and mango. I know, you just have to know Dustin. I must admit though, he did have a nice color scheme going on. After we got home, I kept thinking about the guy's suggestion to send someone to serve the food at the party and I thought, "why not?". So tomorrow, I'm hauling myself back down there to finalize everything and let them handle it all. I'm going to be doing what I like to do best...taking pictures.I know, it's a slow news day. Bear with me. I'll try to get over this hump somehow. Until then....tootles!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Syb-you know I'd run those roads with you if I were back in Doha! Sounds like the event will be quite a gala.
    P.S. I'm posting this at 5:51 and I've been awake for 2 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...