Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

BBB (Boring Bicycle Blog per Kayla)***



This bike was parked in a space at "Ric's" last weekend when we dropped in for breakfast. I would love to say this is the typical mode of transportation in Doha, but that would be an untruth. Nonetheless, I bet the owner of this beauty is quite a colorful character. I regret that we didn't meet.

***Ok...Missy referred to this as "your oh, so short, boring bicycle blog". I thought I was being nice by giving you a break. More like just a show and tell today, something easy on the mind. Well, it's true that you just can't please everybody. So to please, Miss Kayla I'll let you in on a true story at Kristi's expense. Kristi and crew are hiring a limo for prom on Friday night. The limo service gave her a call and told her that they were waiting out in front of the compound to collect the deposit. Kristi grabs the money and takes the fairly long walk to the compound entrance to find that the limo rep wasn't anywhere in sight. Come to find out, he was sitting in front of another compound clear across town. Well, by the time Kristi gets back to the villa, she's filled with this rage in her face and cursing the limo guy. As she's crawling, yes, literally crawling up the stairs, I ask her what the heck her problem is. She informed me that she had huge blisters on the pressure points of each foot from walking shoeless on the hot pavement to the front entrance. Well, of course it was the limo guy's fault because he wasn't even there when she got there. Somehow, I really couldn't figure out how this could be pinned on the poor limo guy, but hey, if I'm not the object of her anger...all is good with me. Is that better, Kayla??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...