Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Two Tickets to Beckham Mania





I have the tickets in my hot little hands. David and I trekked on over to Al Sadd stadium yesterday to see what tickets were on tap for the upcoming AC Milan-Al Sadd match on Wednesday, March 4th. Truthfully, I've never joined Beckham mania, but may as well since the time is right. The tickets ranged from QR250 to QR10,000, so I told the ticket salesman, Yassir, that we'd take the QR10,000 tickets and he laughed at me! Ok, so now that we are friends, time to get serious. Wanting to see what our money would buy us, Yassir gave us a tour of the stadium in true Doha style. He asked our names and for my phone number and officially declared us as friends. Upon entering the stadium, you could feel the excitement of the upcoming event. David checked out the seats from every angle and was "getting into the mode". Up until then, I just got the usual grunts when mentioning the game. So after tossing around our options, we told Yassir what we wanted and he tells us, "Come back after 4:00pm, I'm on my lunch break". Imagine that. So we did, and now we look forward to joining the Beckham mania that will be descending upon Doha.


Note: Received a phone call from Yassir today asking me for lunch....hmm. Dang, I didn't know he was serious! I've got to tone down my enthusiasm and friendliness.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



5 comments:

  1. Seriously Girl...you had better watch it! ;-) I was hoping he was going to give you his friendly discount! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's really pathetic? I had a missed call and saw that it was him & I called him back!I was thinking...hmm, maybe he's going to upgrade our tickets. I'm such an idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very lucky if you get to see Beckham play. Everytime he has come to play in Houston with LA Galaxy he was either hurt or suspended so we've never been able to see him play. Denise has him on her walls in her room. She is a big fan of his. I hope you get good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on Syb, why don't you just tell us how much those tickets were instead of QRing us? As if we know what kind of money you're talking about. Besides, your Dad wants to know how much they were!!! Not to mention your Mom and myself. From now on just put it down the American way.

    Aunt Marge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Marge, I thought your concern would have been about my new male stalker! I'm crushed. I failed to mention that he's not a day over 20. Now, as for Dad, yes the price of the tickets would be of the utmost importance. Tell him that for two tickets, it was $275, but we saved a bundle since we didn't opt for the VIP pkg that was $2750. :)

    Lucy, me too on the pictures! I wish I had my new camera!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...