Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kittens for Take Away!

Operation kitty drop was the scene at my doorsteps a couple of weeks ago. I was so proud of myself that morning, up and at'em beebopping out the door when I came to a screeching halt, make that a screaming halt. I immediately slammed it shut and was practically hyperventilating repeating aloud, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I'm sad to report that I'm in no way embellishing the facts. They are what they are. I paced the floor for a moment trying to think up a plan of action. First call was to an R.N. in the neighborhood, but she was on hiatus in the States. Second call was to a dog loving, bird loving, unfortunately not cat loving individual who was of no help whatsoever. Finally I called the villa people to send someone to my rescue. There was a cat literally birthing her babes on my porch with no signs of stopping anytime soon. I don't know why I thought she needed help. Oh, that's right, she didn't. I did. Anyway my rescue team showed up and carried one little kitten off (R.I.P.) and put the other one in a box on the porch. For my benefit, they hosed down the scene to rid it of the laboring evidence. You would never know that I had birthed four babies myself. My gosh, get a grip, woman. The story worsened when the momma cat got spooked and went off somewhere else to finish her business. By then, I had two newborn kittens to bottle feed for 48 hours before she decided to show her face, again. Thankfully, she did and took them away to join the others. Unfortunately, she relocated them, yet again, to the safe haven of our back patio where they've been nurtured ever since. So, now the dilemma. I have three kittens three weeks old to find a home for in the very near future.

Wouldn't you love one?
Please Help!

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Sybil, we are already taking care of four Qatari cats, including one who we rescued from a dumpster behind a Doha restaurant, plus two North American cats. I had considered offering YOU some of our excess, but wisely changed my mind. Qatar cats are like zucchini back home; lock your car doors when you visit friends, or you could come home with unexpected gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, what an inspirational idea you have given me! I owe you.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...