Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Pictures of Riviera Gardens

I've been asked to post pics of our house. All requests, questions, & concerns are most welcome, as I will be running out of "material" soon! As we speak, I'm downloading pics to a link that you can click on to see more pics of our villa. It definitely needs a lot of accents & pictures on the walls to bring it together, but we do have a few years to work on that. Hopefully, it won't take us that long. A problem that I do foresee is the fact that they don't have sheet rock on the walls here. Can you say "cement"? The management assures me that hanging pictures is allowed & they will send someone down to "drill" holes for me. They just don't understand how I operate. "David, move that over to the right, no, back to the left, up a little bit, no, let's try this wall." Oh my gosh, I cannot work under the pressure of having a stranger hang something for me. I am my mother's child, I have to play something over & over in my mind before I can make a final decision. And drilling into cement IS final. Note that you won't see a pic of Kristi's bedroom...it was not photograph worthy. She & Kayla have managed to totally trash it this passed week. Her bedroom is huge with an entire wall of closets...probably at least 15 feet worth! Way more than the master. Also, management is supposedly going to carpet upstairs. You can tell that they've pulled it up in Kristi's & the guest bedroom as there is old tile in those rooms. Kristi has also asked for permission from management to have her room painted "pink". Assistant mgr. doesn't see where that will be a problem as long as we pay for the paint. Hmmm...she doesn't quite understand Kristi's view of pink! I forgot to take a picture of the maid's quarters.....no, that is not my room! As most of you know, domestic* is not my name or game. We are going to use this room to house a full size, yes full size dryer compliments of Chevron Phillips Chemical. One other thing...there is a picture hidden in this blog. Can you tell me what it is? Okay, on with the pics....just click on the links (pics are in two parts), or if you can't... copy & paste them.

http://s210.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w210.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/sknox40/riviera%20gardens/riviera/5003775d.pbw&os=1&t=1182765266

http://s210.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w210.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/sknox40/riviera/64026cbe.pbw&os=1&t=1182764756

* Domestic: household servant, somebody employed to do housework in somebody else's home or other duties in a large household

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to guess that it's a bidet, but if so, the water spout is facing a peculiar direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing us into your home! It was very nice. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...