Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatarended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world,Doha!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
You might be in Qatar if....
Special edition blog from my work desk. It's absolutely astonishing how much one can learn from being in Qatar for one week. You might need to be educated on a few laws of the land here.
1. You're not first in line at a red light, see if you can be the first to honk your horn when the light changes to green.
2. You do not remove the protective plastic covers on your seats or headrest when purchasing your vehicle. Three years from now, someone might suspect that your car is no longer brand new if you do.
3. "Excuse me" is not in your vocabulary.
4. You are at the mall, and you are a Qatari national, under no circumstances remove your Eric Estrada sun glasses.
5. If you order tea, and do not say "iced", you will get a cup of hot water with a tea bag.
6. There are two water temperatures: hot & hotter
7. If you don't specify your drink at McDonald's, it will be a Coke...they will not ask.
8. You are at a restaurant and order a Coke...there will be lemon slices in it.
9. You are at a restaurant and do not receive your check without asking. Under no circumstance will your check be brought to you until instructed. Visiting is expected to commence upon clearing of your dishes.
10. (Back to the car horns)...Honk at "will", because you "can"...so by all means, give it all you've got!