Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are Q's Overrated?


David and I drove out to Wimberley this morning. It's a quaint little town with an old town square with lots of little shops. A nice country drive for two breakfast specials and a walk around town. On our way home, I heard this song on the radio and told myself to put in my memory bank for future blog possibilities. Well, as they say, there's no time like the present. It all started when David was working on the hot water heater. He asked me to turn the kitchen water on and being the obedient wife that I am, I complied. I was tending to other things and returned to the kitchen and couldn't figure out where all the splashing water was coming from on the kitchen table. I immediately looked up at the ceiling because it was pouring outside....yes, it rains in Texas, too :) !! No ceiling leak, what the heck? I turned and saw water spraying EVERYWHERE from the kitchen faucet. David's and Kayla's computers were sitting open on the bar as usual and getting saturated. I couldn't help but laugh, and of course my husband is losing his sense of humor didn't find it one bit humorous. He towel dries his computer and asks where the vacuum cleaner is. Hmm...ok, maybe it could have been a good idea before his "Q" was sucked off the keyboard. So now we're digging through all of Saudi's cat hair that I vacuumed up last week to find the missing link. David couldn't find it. Time to put a woman on the job. Crisis averted until next time. Signing out from beautiful Kyle, Texas....Syb







To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...