Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Still Hangin'


Time to report in, but there's not much to report. Just hanging out, and enjoying every minute of it. Our visit with Shea was short, but the other kids and I loved having him around a for a few days if for nothing else, just to argue the point. He's as argumentative as always, and puts me to shame if you can believe that. Our scrabble games were quite entertaining. His philosophy is if you can't define the word, you can' t play it. Our answer to that was, "get over it". I was all prepared to fix Shea some home cooked meals (I was!), but he declared that he was looking forward to eating out every night. I'm not so sure what that says about his opinion of my cooking. Maybe that's why most of you know that "denial" is my middle name. We hit a couple of Mexican restaurants and a hometown diner that sported a "we support our troops" sign. He left this afternoon and headed to Houston where he'll spend a couple of nights before heading back to Fort Bragg. If you haven't noticed, Fort Bragg has been making a lot of news these last few days. A male soldier in language training where Shea is, was arrested for the widely publicized murder of a female soldier also stationed at Fort Bragg. Shea didn't know the guy, but knew that there was a "person of interest" in the language training program while he was going through it. Apparently he's no longer a person of interest. He's been arrested and is looking at life without parole or death. (Click here for more on the story.) It's a crazy world out there. I hope my little corner of the world stays as peaceful as it's been. Painting bathrooms is about as wild as I've gotten. I'm also trying to revive the dead grass that the kids' neglect has created. I'm rebelling against our designated Sunday and Thursdays watering days in Kyle and throwing in a few extras of my own. It's amazing what a little h20 will do for it. It's growing in a bit, but still has a long way to go. It's been almost like Doha around here. No rain in sight. Oh, and I have no idea what the pose the boys are striking represents, but I know it's something. They sure went out of their way to prepare for the photo, which leads me to great suspicion. I'll leave that one for y'all to figure out. Tootles.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...