Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Doha Tweetup 10~10~10

I'm fresh off my first official Doha Tweetup last night and still enjoying the buzz. It was a packed house at Colombiano Coffee for an evening of comedy, tweets, and formal introductions. Oh and did I mention, FREE FOOD? (Insert shout out to VIRGIN MOBILE QATAR here.) It was great to finally replace that twitter avatar with a real face. Upon arriving home, I went straight to twitter to run through all the tweets of the night to see who and what I missed. Disappointingly, there were several people whom I follow that I didn't have the opportunity to catch up with. Remember the avatar thing? I may have seen them, but I didn't know what they really looked like. No worries, I will hunt you down next time Tweeps!

Yours truly with @roosnamla & @nazqatar (Ahmad & Nasser)

Special thanks to @bilalr for doing a great job of keeping the crowd laughing between all the other great comedy acts.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to watch the tweetup that time but due to some unexpected events, I didn't make it.
    My friend who was actually there said he had a good time.

    Now can't wait for the next tweetup

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...