Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Home Alone

Because you asked or would've
if you cared ;) ...

It's day four for me in Doha, alone, since David has journeyed to Saudi Arabia to bring home the bacon. Ok, so bad choice of words, be it Saudi or Doha, but you know what I mean. Before we returned from our Texas hiatus, I had many moments that I questioned my decision to stay on in Doha while David worked and lived elsewhere. I'm happy to report that my fears, whatever they were, have been put to rest. I'm not afraid (except for maybe walking into restrooms not of my gender~fodder for another day, folks), I'm not bored (yet), and I actually have a sense of new found freedom. Ha! I do have an uncanny way of grasping the positive in a dreary situation. So, freedom is what I'll cling to (as if I didn't have it before). Lunch dates, pedis & manis, massages, walks on the corniche, facebook, twitter, blogging are all at my disposal, so no pity party here. I just hope my freedom doesn't need more bacon than David is sending home!

A few pics from my cornciche outing today ~ 84F and beautiful...














West Bay
Still construction, but not nearly what it was when we arrived in 2007



To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...