Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Morning in Doha

I received an email a while back from an artist asking permission to put one of my snapshots of the Doha skyline to canvas. After a thoughtful period of, oh, maybe a half a second, I said YES! How cool is it to have a moment in time captured by moi hanging on someone's wall in a beautiful array of soft acrylics? VERY cool, from my perspective. The artist, Alena Carvalho, was kind enough to send me the lovely final result...

Morning in Doha

Here is the actual picture that I snapped this past summer. Upon request of Alena's client, the cranes that dot Doha's skyline were not included. I'm not sure how I feel about that, as the cranes in Doha represent the rapid growth that this desert city has experienced. You can check out this print along with other works by Alena at her website here.
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Look at you inspiring artists. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful scene. I wanted to let you know,I found your blog over a year ago, and it's been really helpful in our own transition to Doha. We arrived in August, and I find your site has a lot of really helpful hints, with restaurant reviews and names of stores. I haven't been by for a bit, but after reading some of your posts, I'm making sure to put "Oriental Carpet" on my list. Thanks for all the tips!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Fran, Regina, and Kathy! Glad you've found the site helpful Kathy. LOVE Oriental Carpet and the gentleman that runs the shop. Please don't hesitate to "holler" if there's anything I can help you with that I haven't covered...or to help you find that perfect rug ;-D

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...