Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Bluest Eyes in Texas are in Doha


Yesterday, we took a trip to Qatar Optics to get the girls some new eyeglasses, which turned into a major event. The staff there waited on us hand and foot while the girls, I swear, tried on every pair of frames that they had to offer. Everything from Armani to Christian Dior to Prada to Coco Chanel to Dolce & Gabbana donned their faces. Rumor has it that our insurance covers the cost, regardless, so I tossed the usual dollar limit out the window. If they renege, a bank loan will be in order for Ms Chanel's latest eye fashion statement. What was really nice is that we didn't even have a prescription, so the optometrist gave the girls an eye exam on the spot. To top it off, the Optometrist asked if we needed anything else, and David popped off and said, "Yeah, some free contacts". Yep, you guessed it, the man shoots back, "No problem". He ducked into the backroom and emerged with two handfuls of contacts. My husband has no shame. I got really tickled when Kristi recounted her experience of reading out the letters on the eye chart during her exam. Eye Doctor: "Do they look different or the same?" Kristi: "Same Same". Wow, is that statement a true testament of her short but worldly Doha stint? Needless to say, my girls will be stylin' when their Prada and Chanel glasses arrive on Thursday. Here's looking at you kid.*


The Bluest Eyes in Texas by Restless Heart


*I've been called out on this line by someone too young to understand its meaning. It's a famous line from the movie Casa Blanca.


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. LOL girls always are so picky when it comes to style :P :P ..

    Mabrook for the new glasses!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...