Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Tomato is Born


We have new life in the Knox backyard in Doha. Our first tomato! Here it is January, and our plants are flourishing surviving. I had to get a pic now, for I fear the lack of sunshine on our patio will be the demise of this precious fruit. The plant was given to us by a friend, replanted by David, staked by Pabell (gardener/housekeeper/car washer/friend) who is actually the official caretaker of our pride and joy. All credit will be given to him if this tomato somehow makes it to the dinner table. We do have an area along the side of the house that gets way more sunshine. With the removal of a few pavers, I can almost envision a garden in our future (as long as Pabell is around!).

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a great picture! What ever will Bennigans do when this fine piece of fruit matures and is prepared as a meal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...