Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Day on the Green

David and I rode out to Doha Golf Club to check out the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters that's in full swing right now. I don't really keep up with golf too much unless your name is Tiger, and truthfully I probably know more about his private life these days than his golf stats. A few of the players are names are vaguely familiar to me, but that's about as far as it goes. Sergio Garcia, Retief Goosen, Ian Poulter, and Alvaro Quiros (winner from last year) are a few of the names on a very long list of players. If you are a true golf fan, it's definitely a great venue to check out. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today which made it perfect to stroll around the grounds even if you're not a fan. There were food booths, various vendors, sleek BMW's on display, and just a festive atmosphere in general. Admission is free, so you might want to check it out in the next two days. Oh, and it is one of the few spots in the area that you can get a cool brewski, if your heart so desires.









thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...