Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Dream Store



Regina has been after me all week to go to the "Dream Store" here in Doha. Ok, so she only asked me once, but it was with great anticipation. I laughed to myself, (actually out loud) and thought, "why in the world would she want to go to that store?". Apparently she had heard my friend Kim, go on and on about it, but surely Kim had tongue in cheek as she did so. When a non Doha resident thinks Dream Store, I'm sure they are conjuring up visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Well, I took her and the joke was on me..it's still not Hobby Lobby, but by Doha standards, it's even better...more like Neiman Marcus. 'Tis Christmas season at the Dream Store (News flash: we do still live in a Muslim country). There were aisles of stockings, gift bags, Christmas trees (no holiday trees in sight!), and Christmas decor galore. Nothing there that Regina really wanted or needed, but I can see where I'll be making a trip back there very soon. Three out of four of my kids are coming for Christmas, so I'll have to do my best of turning the pink villa into a "White Christmas". Ha, I can dream.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then enter text in box.

1 comment:

  1. When I myself saw the title of the post...I thought, are you kidding? Sybil must not like her sister very much! Surely she would rather be at Tiffanys in Villagio! Glad she had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...