Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Family Reunion

Spring break is nearly here, which means Kayla and Dustin will be visiting. They are ticketed to leave Austin on March 6th and will arrive in Doha on Friday, March 7th. This will be Dustin's inaugural visit to these desert lands, while Kayla's an old hand with two visits already under her belt. I'm so looking forward to the reactions of a "newbie" in this country. I'll never forget Kayla's first experience here...watching a truck back down the ramp from the main road while another was approaching to get on the main road. Yeah, you remember the story. Rather than give in, they crashed into each other while never letting off their horns. Yes, fond memories. So, we are ready to indoctrinate Dustin to the land of Doha. Kayla (you know, the bossy one) has instructed us to have an itinerary ready for their visit. So far we have a mosque tour, a dune adventure, and ice sledding scheduled. I'm getting a little nervous about the dune adventure. I hear they get quite radical with lots of screaming involved. My friend, Kim, who is coordinating this event has assured me that she's not heard of anyone dying in one of these adventures....yet. Hmmm. To calm things down, I'm thinking we might throw in tea at the Ritz. Dustin appreciates the finer things in life, so I think he can handle it. Of course, we have to leave some days open to hit all the malls in town and visit the souqs. I'm really looking forward to the visit. The only thing or "one" that will be missing is Shea. He's settled back in at Fort Bragg to continue on with his Special Operations training. On this leg of his training he's learning Arabic which will take quite a few months I'm sure. I guess, eventually, he will be our neighbor. Who would have ever thought that we'd make it to the Middle East before Shea. Life is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...