Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back Home Again


We've made it back safe and sound from our Thailand adventures. We had a lot of fun, but as always, it's good to be back home. I forgot to mention to y'all that American politics transcends all. While we were on our tour bus heading to the Grand Palace in Bangkok, our guide was taking a poll on where we were all from. Several countries were represented, but we were the only Americans. When we said we were from Texas, she said...."Ohhhh, that is where George Bush is from". Wow, I'm thinking, she's pretty good. Then she asks if she can ask a personal question. "Are you voting for Obama or Hillary?" I just find it quite funny that you can be across the globe and that is what is in their newspapers. While on our elephant/river rafting trek, we were asked by some Australians we met about the mess our country is in. My answer was, "I'm not sure who those people are...I don't know anyone that's in a mess". Maybe they should ask the media. They seem to have all the answers. Oops, didn't mean to get off on a political rant. I just got back from vacation, for Pete's sake!









1 comment:

  1. John Denver song! Wow, brings back memories. Sybil, I always think of you when I hear John Denver. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...