Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Thailand or Bust



It's Thai time! We leave tonight for Bangkok and will be arriving bright and early in the morning to begin our trek. I haven't begun to pack yet, but I did pick up the ironing at the laundry. I gathered up a bunch of David's shirts and things that I don't wear, because frankly I don't feel like ironing them. Well, Kristi had a cow and wasn't impressed with the fact that it only cost 27 1/2 cents per shirt to iron them. It was the principle of the matter. Since when does an eighteen year old base anything on principle? She informed me that I need to do something! Whatever, I feel it's my civic duty to support the local people in their endeavors and that is something. We dropped Sykes at the vet last night for boarding. Little does he know that while he's vacationing at the vet, he will have his claws removed...ouch! This time, maybe our villa will still be intact when we get back home. While on our trip to London, we locked him in the kitchen and he had every baseboard torn out when we got back. It's peace of mind knowing that he's someone else's problem now. I did inform the vet's assistant that he likes to play fetch, if she was so inclined. She wasn't impressed. Anywho, we will be out of pocket for the next week, so you may not hear from me. On the other hand, you may not be able to get rid of me...I may be blogging while riding the tuk-tuks in Bangkok. As my friend, Konnie, told me..."Hang on to your hat sista, it's going to be quite a ride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...