Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

As Good As New



I brought a beautiful stained glass piece with me to Kyle from our home in Port Neches in hopes that I could find somewhere to use it. I realized that I had the perfect place for it as I was excitedly unpacking it. All that was needed was a quick measurement to make sure it would fit. As I was pulling the styrofoam out of the custom fit box, the glass slid out, bounced to the floor and broke. Boy, was I sick. Dustin wasn't. He never liked the piece. He informed me that he always felt like "gargoyles" were looking back at him. Kayla's take on it was a little different. She saw little men with handlebar mustaches staring back at her. Anyway, David went ahead and measured the glass and the intended space and found that it would accommodate the piece just fine. He put the hardware in the space for me in hopes that I would be able to find someone to repair the glass. I found a stained glass shop in Wimberley that specializes in custom items. The gentleman was happy to inform me that he could fix my glass even though it would take a few weeks. He was happier to inform me that he had a floor lamp that had the same pattern. I smiled as I thought of Kayla and Dustin and nixed that idea right away. I picked up my nearly good as new stained glass yesterday and Dustin obligingly climbed the ladder to put it in its new home. As the saying goes, "All is well that ends well".











To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...