Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wanted: Good Home for Bad Cat


I'm sorry it's come down to this. David is reporting from Doha that Sykes might not be an appropriate house cat. After breaking my "unbirthday present", a vase, another vase, chewing the corner off Kayla's Qatar photo album, chewing up my flowers, tearing my paper umbrella from Bangkok, eating my food before I get a chance, climbing the curtains, stealing and hiding my makeup brushes, and in general demolishing everything in his path, it has been decided maybe he wasn't cut out to be a house cat. Sykes has appropriately lived up to his name. Little did we know that we were cursing him when we named him that. Our only options are to toss him out back in the heat and listen to him howl to be let in or to let another free spirited family take him on. Any and all takers are welcome. His good qualities are that he will come sit in your lap and nap, he will join you at the dinner table (he knows that ONLY front paws are allowed), he fetches, and he occasionally will open the door for you. Well, his days of opening the door are actually over, but it was quite amusing while it lasted. I think what has really pushed the envelope on this issue is that our cat Saudi in Kyle is the most well behaved cat ever. No jumping on the counter tops, no unwarranted attacks or attacks of any nature, no stealing of your food...just a purely lazy cat that will take any abuse you can dish. Saudi, I think I'll keep you. Sykes, I'm not so sure.


Kristi spending quality time antagonizing Saudi. Please note, even though all claws are intact, and her growling is evident, no one is harmed in the making of this video.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...